The premise of this course is quite simple.
I asked myself: What is the most practical data science technique?
What do I use in the real-world most often?
Methods like neural networks and recommender systems are pretty application-specific, but statistical inference can be used for nearly everything.
- Website owners: which web page design leads to the highest engagement or revenue?
- Copywriters: which sales copy leads to the highest conversion rate?
- Online advertising platforms: which ads lead to the highest click-through rate?
- Clinical researchers and drug testers: which treatments, drugs, or therapies work best?
- Machine learning engineers and data scientists: which models have the best performance?
This course has 3 main parts:
- Maximum likelihood estimation review
- Confidence intervals
- Hypothesis testing
Each section prepares you for the next section, to yield maximum understanding and intuition.